- 16 cups water
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 potatoes, peeled &, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 stalks celery, with tops
- 1/2 eggplants, peeled & diced
- 1 medium onions, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2/3 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 dash marjoram
- 1 dash nutmeg
About This Recipe
“They say that the Soup Nazi’s restaurant in New York City makes the world’s best soup. If you prefer a carnivor’s version of mulligatawny soup, try Mulligatawny (Indian) Soup ( Beef ).”
- Combine all ingredients in a very large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 hours or until soup has reduced by more than half.
- Stir occasionally for the first few hours, but stir often in the last hour to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- The edges of the potatoes should become more rounded, and the nuts will soften.