- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- 2 ounces peas
- 1 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 ounces red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 ounces green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 ounces fresh and chunky salsa ( as mild or spicy as you want)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash turmeric
- 6 ounces water
- 6 ounces long grain rice
- Cook carrot, peas, onion, peppers and garlic in margarine or butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in salsa and water and heat to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and re-heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add cumin and turmeric, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.