- 4 aberdeen angus steaks
- 4 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 10 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 5 ounces beef stock
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce butter
About This Recipe
“The “Witchery” restaurant in Edinburgh is located in a building where the “Old Hell Fire Club” used to hold their meetings. The restaurant serves Steak Balmoral, made with a whisky sauce. Here’s the recipe.”
- Pan fry the steaks and keep them warm.
- Add the whisky to the pan and carefully set it alight.
- Add the cream, stock and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently until the sauce has reduced by half, stirring from time to time.