- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour ( white rice flour)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder ( gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon guar gum ( xanthan gum may be substituted ~ corn derived)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg ( If you use Ener-G egg replacer use 2)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 apples, pealed and chopped ( organic are better)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup ground cashews or 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
About This Recipe
“These are definitely 5 stars. Do use muffin cups it makes them a lot more professional looking.”
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sieve into a medium bowl, 1/2 cup brown rice flour, white rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, guar (or xanathan) gum, sea salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Mix well.
- Add to it 1/3 cup canola oil, the egg(s), applesauce, and chopped apples.
- Stir lightly to combine and add additional liquid if needed. (Juice — etc.).
- Line muffin tins and oil a little bit to prevent any sticking.
- Generously fill muffin cups with mixture.
- Put ground cashews or almond meal into a small bowl with the 1 tbls brown rice flour, 2 tbls brown sugar, 1 tbls canola oil, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Mix and sprinkle onto each muffin.
- Bake for about 26 minutes until done.
- Cool and enjoy for breakfast or a snack anytime!