- 1 lb walnut halves
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
About This Recipe
“Maybe Mirjam doesn’t know it, but she got me hooked on spiced nuts! 🙂 This one is from ‘Simply Classic-The Junior League of Seattle’.”
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil.
- Blanch walnuts 1 minute.
- Drain well.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Blend corn oil with vanilla extract.
- Pour over hot nuts.
- Sprinkle in sugar and toss to mix well.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Arrange nuts on rimmed baking tray.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until nuts are light brown and crispy.
- Stir nuts a few times during baking.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- When nuts are done baking, transfer to a large bowl while still hot.
- Toss with seasoning mixture.
- Return to baking sheet and spread in a single layer to cool.
- Serve at room temperature.