- ripe tomatoes
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped fine
- salt and pepper
About This Recipe
“These are almost as good as chocolate …”
- Core the stem area out from each tomato.
- Cut each tomato in half crosswise.
- Take each tomato half in hand- with the cut-side out- and give it a quick, gentle squeeze to force out the seeds.
- Use a finger to sweep remaining seeds out.
- Place each tomato, cut-side up, on a cookie sheet.
- Spray or drizzle olive oil across the top of each tomato half.
- Sprinkle garlic, basil, oregano across the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in a 200°F oven for 4-6 hours or until the tomatoes are”dry” to the touch.
- When they are cool, cut each tomato half in quarters and store in fridge– or start nibbling immediately.