- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup asadero cheese or 1 cup chihuahua cheese, shredded fine
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 serrano peppers, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
About This Recipe
“This is a white dipping sauce served in many restaurants with chips or hot flour tortillas for dipping. This is a basic recipe that uses ‘”jack” for the Tex-Mex version and chihuahua and/or asadero for the more traditional Mexican version.”
- Put all ingredients in a double boiler and heat on medium.
- Cook until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fresh tostadas or hot flour tortillas.