- 1 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
About This Recipe
“There’s a large Middle Eastern population in Bayridge Brooklyn and amazing restaurants line the avenues…hummus is served with every dish on the menu…it’s one of my favorite things in the whole wide world…if you haven’t tried it, please do. I think you’ll love it!”
- Drain beans; reserve water.
- In a food processor or blender add beans and all the ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
- If mixture is too thick, add some of the reserved liquid from the beans to dilute to a desired consistency.
- Serve at room temperature with pita bread, grilled pork, lamb or chicken.