- 3 large onions, sliced into thin rings
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ( I use gluten-free)
- oil ( for frying)
About This Recipe
“A homemade alternative to the Durkee brand. I use these for casserole recipes when I can keep them from being eaten first.”
- Soak the onions in the milk for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or deep fryer.
- Take a handful of onions and run them through the flour with a fork to coat.
- Fry in batches in the oil, stirring as needed to brown evenly.
- Drain on paper towels and season to taste.
- Store in an air-tight container.
French Fried Onions,