- edamame, as much as you would like to prepare ( I use fresh, but frozen is easier to find and works well)
About This Recipe
“One of my favorite annual treats from my CSA is Edamame, a fresh soybean that is a popular snack in Japan. Did you know that soybeans actually enrich the soil they are grown in? They enrich the body that eats them, too! :)”
- If using fresh, strip all of the pods off of your soybean bunch and boil them whole in salted water for 5 minutes.
- (Start timing once the water returns to a boil) Drain the pods, liberally salt them, and then slip the seeds out of the pods directly into your mouth.
- Have a discard bowl handy for the shells.
- You may never want to eat potato chips again!